Adam Kay (작가) - Adam Kay (writer)
Adam Kay 박사
2017 년 Kay
|태어난|| 1980 년 6 월 12 일 |
브라이튼 , 잉글랜드, 영국
|교육||덜 리치 칼리지 ; 임페리얼 칼리지 런던|
|이것은 상처를 입을 것입니다 (2017)|
케이는 모든 소년 참석 공립 학교 Dulwich 대학을 1997 년에 졸업하고, 임페리얼 칼리지 런던 (Imperial College London) 그가 의학을 읽고 의과 대학에서 자신의 시간 동안 2004 년에 졸업, 케이 그는 1998 년에 의과 대학 쇼에서 공연을 시작  동안 의과 대학에서 그는 뮤지컬 코미디 그룹 인 Amateur Transplants 를 설립하고 BBC Radio 4에 썼습니다 . [삼]
Kay의 첫 번째 책인 This is Going to Hurt 는 의사로서의 이전 경력의 일기를 기반으로하며 2017 년 9 월 에 Picador 에서 출간되어  즉시 Sunday Times 베스트셀러가되었습니다.  페이퍼 백 에디션도 순간이었다 선데이 타임스의 번호를 하나의 베스트 셀러,  이 훨씬 넘는 년간 보유한 자리  백만 개 이상의 사본을 판매.  영국 2018 National Book Awards 에서 올해의 책이었습니다 . 
이 책은 The Times ,  Financial Times ,  Guardian ,  The Scotsman  및 The Daily Express 의 문학적 페이지를 포함한 비평가들의 호평을 받았습니다 .  올해의 책 외에도 올해의 논픽션 도서, 올해의 신인 작가, 올해의 북 클럽 도서 부문에서 전국 도서상을 수상했습니다.  그것은 또한 수상했다 블랙웰의 2017 년의 데뷔 책,  올해의 선데이 타임즈 유머 도서, 올해의 논픽션 북과 2017 Books Are My Bag Readers 'Awards 에서 전체 상을 모두 수상했습니다 .  2018 British Book Awards 에서 올해의 Non-Fiction book 후보에 올랐고 ,  올해의 Esquire Book 을 수상 했으며 Zoe Ball Book Club에 선정되었습니다 .  28 개 언어로 번역되어  국제적으로 1 위를 차지했습니다.  2018 년 영국에서 두 번째로 많이 팔린 책이었습니다. 
Kay의 두 번째 책인 Twas the Nightshift before Christmas 는 2019 년 10 월에 발표되었습니다. 
On 6 July 2018, the BBC announced that Kay would be adapting This Is Going to Hurt as an eight-part comedy-drama for BBC Two. It will be made by Sister Pictures and Kay will also be a co-executive producer. Each episode will be 45 minutes long. Kay is an established screenwriter, having written and co-created 2015 BBC Three sitcom series Crims - along with Grandma's House writer Dan Swimer. His other television work as a writer and script editor includes Mrs. Brown's Boys, Mongrels, Watson & Oliver, Up the Women, Very British Problems, Flat TV, Our Ex Wife, Who is America?, Mitchell and Webb and Child Genius.
In April 2020, it was announced that Trapeze would publish a collection of personal stories about the National Health Service (NHS) edited by Kay. Entitled Dear NHS: 100 Stories to Say Thank You, the book will include letters stars including Sir Paul McCartney, Louis Theroux, Caitlin Moran and Jameela Jamil.
Kay has sold out for six years at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe and also had sell-out nationwide UK tours. His 2018 tour of This is Going to Hurt sold out a season at the EICC, the largest venue of the Edinburgh Fringe and a week at the Garrick Theatre, before culminating in two shows at the Hammersmith Apollo. He performs regularly at music festivals including Latitude, and cultural events such as Cheltenham Literature Festival. Kay won Best Musical Variety Act at the 2014 London Cabaret Awards and has been named by the Evening Standard as one of London's most influential people.
He has performed songs on the topical BBC Radio 4 series The Now Show and has appeared on numerous TV shows, such as The Russell Howard Hour on Sky One, BBC Breakfast, Lorraine, Peston on Sunday and 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown.
Kay is gay, and was voted in Pink News' top 50 most influential LGBT Twitter users. Kay attended Dulwich College before continuing his education at Imperial College School of Medicine. He lives in Chiswick, London, with his husband, Game of Thrones executive James Farrell.
- This Is Going to Hurt, ISBN 978-1-5098-5861-3 .
- Medicine Unboxed. "Speakers at Medicine Unboxed" Archived 29 June 2013 at Archive.today, 1 November 2012.
- Curtis Brown Talent Agency. "Adam Kay". As of April 2017.
- Amazon "Rapid Obstetrics and Gynaecology". 16 November 2011.
- "'London Underground' by Amateur Transplants". BBC h2g2. Retrieved 30 July 2009.
- Aitken, Stuart (24 November 2006). "London Underground voted capital's top brand". mad.co.uk.
- Picador. "Adam Kay's This Is Going To Hurt to be published by Picador" Archived 16 April 2017 at the Wayback Machine. 3 February 2017.
- "Sunday Times Bestseller List". Sunday Times. 17 September 2017.
- "Books: The Sunday Times Bestsellers chart, April 29". The Sunday Times. 29 April 2018. ISSN 0140-0460.
- "Books: The Sunday Times Bestsellers, August 25". The Sunday Times. 25 August 2019.
- results, search (19 April 2018). This is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor (Main Market ed.). Picador. ISBN 9781509858637.
- Cowdrey, Katherine (2019 년 1 월 7 일). "Kay 's This is Going to Hurt named Specsavers Book of the Year | The Bookseller" . www.thebookseller.com .
- Rentzenbrink, Cathy (2017 년 9 월 2 일). "리뷰 : 이것은 상처를 입을 것입니다 : Adam Kay의 주니어 닥터의 비밀 일기" . 타임즈 . ISSN 0140-0460 .
- "이것은 Adam Kay에 의해 상처를 입을 것입니다" . 파이낸셜 타임즈 . 2017 년 11 월 6 일에 확인 함 .
- Smith, P. D. (4 May 2018). "This Is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor by Adam Kay – review". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.
- "Book review: This is Going to Hurt, by Adam Kay". The Scotsman. 4 October 2017.
- Beckerman, Hannah (3 September 2017). "This Is Going To Hurt review: A timely, honest and moving memoir". Express.co.uk.
- Senkul, Ceren (22 November 2018). "'This Is Going To Hurt' author Adam Kay wins big at National Book Awards". Sky News. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- Campbell, Lisa (20 November 2017). "Blackwell's reveals Book of the Year shortlist | The Bookseller". www.thebookseller.com.
- Rudd, Reviews by Matt (26 November 2017). "Books of the year: Humour". ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Kean, Danuta (21 November 2017). "Doctor's diary This is Going to Hurt wins public vote for book of the year". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.
- "Pan Macmillan nominated for 7 British Book Awards 2018". Pan Macmillan. Archived from the original on 26 March 2018. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- Nicholson, Tom (31 August 2018). "'This Is Going To Hurt' Is Esquire's Biography Of The Year". Esquire.
- Cowdrey, Katherine (17 May 2018). "Debuts dominate 'wide-ranging' Zoe Ball Book Club line up | The Bookseller". www.thebookseller.com.
- "Adam Kay: This Is Going To Hurt". www.curtisbrown.co.uk. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay". This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Dugdale, John (29 December 2018). "The 100 bestselling books of the year: from Eleanor Oliphant to Michelle Obama". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077.
- Page, Benedicte (1 November 2018). "New Adam Kay for Christmas 2019". The Bookseller.
- "BBC Two announces adaptation of bestseller This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay". BBC Media Centre. Retrieved 6 July 2018.
- BBC Press Office. "BBC Three announces new comedy commissions". 20 March 2014.
- Sturges, Fiona (8 July 2020). "Dear NHS, edited by Adam Kay – celebrities say thank you". The Guardian.
- Chortle Review. "Amateur Transplants: Adam Kay's Smutty Songs". 9 August 2011.
- Bound & Gagged Comedy Promoters. "Adam Kay Biography" Archived 4 September 2012 at the Wayback Machine. As of March 2013.
- "News: Apollo Gig For Adam Kay". Beyond The Joke. 30 September 2018. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Solutions, Powder Blue Internet Business. "Adam Kay adds a second Hammersmith Apollo show : Other news 2018 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". www.chortle.co.uk. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Latitude Festival. "2012 Latitude Line-up, Adam Kay"[permanent dead link]. 13 July 2012.
- British Comedy Guide. "Edinburgh Fringe 2012, Adam Kay's Bum Notes". 1 August 2012
- London Cabaret Awards. "Best Musical Variety Act 2014" Archived 11 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine. 12 February 2014.
- "The Progress 1000: London's most influential people 2018 - Performance: Comedy". Evening Standard. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- Now Show Homepage. "Series 45". 14 February 2015.
- "Adam Kay interview - The Russell Howard Hour (Series 1, Episode 2)". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 6 November 2017.
- Lorraine (15 November 2017). "The Junior Doctor Who Became a Comedian | Lorraine". Retrieved 20 November 2017.
- Peston on Sunday Official (20 October 2017). "Peston Compressed - Episode 47".
- "8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Episode Guide - All 4". www.channel4.com. Retrieved 12 October 2018.
- "Adam Kay Interview - Wyvern Theatre Swindon". swindontheatres.co.uk.
- "PinkNews.co.uk’s top 50 Twitter users influencing LGBT life in 2011", Pink News, 31 December 2011.
- run-riot.com "Adam Kay wishes us a very sweary Christmas", 11 December 2012.