2015 클린턴 교정 시설 탈출 - 2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape
클린턴 교정 시설
|데이트||2015 년 6 월 6 일|
|위치|| Clinton Correctional Facility |
Village of Dannemora , 뉴욕 , 미국
|치명적이지 않은 부상||1|
2015 클린턴 교도소 탈출 이 수감자이 경우 6 월 6 일, 2015 년 일어난 리처드 매트 다윗 땀이 최대 보안에서 오전 5시 17분 침대 검사 중 실종 발견 된 클린턴 교도소 Dannemora, 뉴욕입니다. Matt는 25 년 종신을 복역했고 Sweat는 가석방없이 종신을 섬겼습니다.  두 명의 수감자는 협력하는 두 명의 교도소 직원에게서 얻은 도구를 사용하여 감옥 밖으로 터널을 팠습니다. 탈출 후 거의 3 주 후에 Matt는 뉴욕의 Malone에서 발견되어 총에 맞아 살해되었습니다.  이틀 후, 땀이 총에 맞아 구금되었습니다. [삼]수사 및 조사에 약 2300 만 달러가 들었다고합니다. 
2015 년 6 월 6 일 오전 5시 30 분에 두 명의 수감자는 전날 밤 10시 30 분에 마지막으로 목격 된 것으로 밝혀졌다.  감옥 벽에서 약 150 미터 (500 피트) 떨어진 거리에서 "외부 침입"이 발견 된 것으로보고되었습니다. 수감자들은 시설 밖으로 터널을 뚫었습니다. 그들은 특별 주택 유닛 인 Honor Block에 수용되어 낮 동안 지정된 간격으로 셀 하우스에있는 요리 스테이션, TV, 벽걸이 형 전화기, 샤워기 및 카드 테이블에 액세스 할 수있었습니다.   뉴스 보도에 따르면, 탈북자들은 하청 업체의 도구를 사용하여 밤 동안 탈출로를 절단하고 나중에 도구 함으로 돌려 보냈습니다. 
당국은 두 사람이 교도소 직원 인 Joyce Mitchell에 의해 데리러 올 계획 이었다는 것을 알아 냈는데, 친척에 따르면 흉통이 생겨 입원했습니다.   두 번째 직원 인 교도관 진 팔머 (Gene Palmer)도 탈출을 돕는 혐의로 기소되었습니다.  파머 그가 그림에 대한 대가로 리처드 매트에 대한 다른 호의를 감옥에 도구를 밀입국 한 것으로 연구자로 인정했다. 
두 탈북자가 탈출하기 위해 잘라낸 파이프에는 삼각형의 쌀 모자를 쓰고 전형적인 "아시아 인 웃는 얼굴"과 함께 "좋은 하루 되세요"라는 메모가 남았습니다. 
당국은 6 월 9 일과 10 일에 Willsboro를 수색 한 후 Dannemora 근처의 계단을 되 짚고 보냈으며, 두 사람이 주로 도망치려했을 수 있다고 말하면서 수색을 버몬트 국경까지 확대했습니다. 캐나다 왕립 기마 경찰 (RCMP)과 미국 국경에있는 부서, Matt가 이전에 살인으로 유죄 판결을받은 멕시코를 포함한 캐나다 당국 도 경고를 받았습니다. 연방 수사 국 (FBI), 미국 세관 및 국경 보호국 (CBP)의 알코올, 담배, 총기 및 폭발물 국 (ATF), 주 및 지방 경찰과 뉴욕 주 포레스트 레인저스 합니다 ( 애디 론댁 공원 보존 covers the area) were all involved in the search, which was being led by the local police and the United States Marshals Service working with prison officials. A $50,000 bounty was set for each inmate by Cuomo and was subsequently increased to $75,000 when the U.S. Marshals added $25,000 for each escapee. There were no reports of break-ins, robberies, or homicides, but there were two reported sightings. In all the cases, police had not had any run-ins with the actual escapees before they presumably left the area.
근처의 스트레칭 뉴욕 주 노선 374 6월 (11) 학교 수업에 추후 공지가있을 때까지 폐쇄되었다가 Dannemora과의 Saranac에 취소되었다. 이후 일 것으로, 감옥 근처 영역에 존재하는 임원의 수는 오후와 저녁 300 사이 (400) 그 후 블러드 하운드의 초기 평가에서 500 개 이상으로 증가 하였다는 향기를 집어 당국은 발자국과 발견 포장지 인 경찰은 해질녘까지 뉴욕 의 캐디 빌 인근 마을 근처의 숲이 우거진 지역을 체계적으로 수색하기 시작했습니다 . 그러나 경찰은 탈출 자들이 여전히 그 지역에 있다는 확실한 증거를 제시 한 단서가 아니라고 말했다. 인구가 더 많은 인근 도시인 Plattsburgh 및 Champlain 호수 일부 지역 had also been searched, and billboards asking for help were put up in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, Pennsylvania, and along the Canada–U.S. border.
On June 12, the seventh day of the search, there were still no confirmed sightings of the escapees. Later that day, prison worker Joyce Mitchell was arrested and charged with aiding the escapees. On June 13, the search included helicopters, all-terrain vehicles, and search dogs. However, bad weather conditions, including rain, hampered search efforts. On June 20, the search continued in Allegany County in western New York based on a sighting in the town of Friendship, New York. On June 22, the search shifted back to an area near the prison after a cabin near Owls Head in Franklin County was discovered to have signs of broken entry. DNA from the inmates was found in the cabin and investigators concluded that they had been there within the previous 24 hours. In the days after the escape some prisoners reported having been beaten by guards in an attempt to obtain information as to the whereabouts and plans of the escaped inmates.
Death of Matt, capture of Sweat
Matt was spotted in Franklin County, New York on June 26 after he shot at the driver of a passing recreational vehicle with a 20-gauge shotgun taken from a hunting camp. In the ensuing confrontation, he was shot and killed by U.S. Border Patrol Supervisory Agent Chris Voss in the wilderness of Owl’s Head, south of Malone, New York, 50 miles (80 km) west of Clinton Correctional Facility. Sweat's location was unknown at the time of Matt's death.
On June 28, New York State Trooper Sgt. Jay Cook passed Sweat as he walked along the road. As Cook circled back to question him, Sweat began running across a hay field towards a tree line. Cook, a firearms instructor, gave chase and when it became evident that Sweat might escape, fired two rounds from his .45 Glock 37 pistol, hitting Sweat at a range of 73 yards (67 m), near Constable, New York, roughly 16 miles (26 km) north of where Matt had been killed and just 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from the Canada–U.S. border. He was transported to the Alice Hyde Medical Center in Malone. He was later transferred to Albany Medical Center, where he was in critical condition. His condition was later upgraded to fair by July 1.땀은 7 월 5 일 뉴욕 로물루스 에있는 최대 보안 5 점 교정 시설 에 있는 특수 주택 단위로 옮겨졌습니다 . 
2015 년 6 월 15 일 Andrew Cuomo 주지사는 Catherine Leahy Scott 경감에게 Clinton 교정 시설에서 수감자 Richard Matt와 David Sweat의 탈출에 잠재적으로 관련된 모든 요인을 파악하기 위해 철저한 조사를 수행하도록 지시했습니다.  주지사의 명령에, 감찰관은 수정 및 이들 수감자가 탈출 할 수 있었는지 식별 대한 전망 감옥 설계, 운영 및 보안과 같은 문제에 대한 법 집행에 존경 외부 전문가의 서비스를 확보하기 위해, 그리고 미래의 사고를 방지하기 위해 잠재적 인 개혁과 모범 사례를 권장합니다. 
On the morning of June 16, Mitchell confessed to her involvement with the prisoners still eluding capture. The Associated Press reported Mitchell had confirmed providing Matt and Sweat with hacksaw blades, chisels, and other tools. According to Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie, who oversaw the prosecution of Mitchell, "[s]he had agreed to be the getaway driver, but backed out because she still loved her husband and felt guilty for participating." The report also noted that the manholes used by the two inmates had since been welded shut. "Ms. Mitchell was Plan A and there was no Plan B, which is why authorities have now been concentrating their search to a perimeter around the maximum security prison," Wylie said.Associated Press에 따르면 Mitchell은 예비 심리를 포기하여 사건이 즉시 카운티 법원에서 진행될 수 있도록했습니다. 
On June 17, it was revealed that Mitchell, who had been suspended without pay from the $57,000-a-year position she held, had discussed having her husband, Lyle, killed in a potential murder-for-hire deal with Matt, whom she had been close to, and Sweat. According to Joyce Mitchell's confession, Matt referred to her husband Lyle as the "glitch" and planned to kill him after the escape. Matt reportedly gave Mitchell two pills to give to her husband Lyle to incapacitate him, in order to facilitate Matt's planned murder of Lyle. Reportedly, she later decided not to go through with Matt's plan and threw away the two pills out of sentiment for her husband. Authorities did not believe Mitchell's husband knew of or participated in the breakout. According to the Press-Republican, he visited his wife on June 16, and then the New York State Police barracks in Malone, New York, the next day, to speak with authorities. The search then expanded to an area beyond the 16 square miles around the prison that was being searched. Some roadblocks were lifted and the force reduced from over 800 to about 600.
Police received several tips during the last few days of the manhunt. They also deduced that Matt had fallen ill due to consuming spoiled food or dirty water, based on soiled undergarments discovered at one of the cabins the duo had broken into. Further investigation led to police finding Matt.
Interrogations with Sweat after his capture revealed he and Matt practiced their escape once in the prison and were nearly found on two separate occasions during the manhunt. During the first instance, he and Matt were hiding in a cabin when three people arrived to check on it, debated whether they should stay or leave, and then left. On the second instance, Sweat was hiding in a hunting tree stand that was passed by a police officer. Sweat also claimed he and Matt separated on June 23 after Matt became unfocused and was "slowing him down".
An autopsy of Matt was released on August 6, which verified his cause of death as skull fractures and brain damage from being shot. It also revealed he had a blood alcohol level of 0.18%.
Sweat pleaded guilty to two felony counts of first-degree escape and an additional count of promoting prison contraband. He was sentenced to three-and-a-half to seven years, to be served consecutively with his previous life sentence. He was further ordered to pay $79,841 in restitution.
Joyce Mitchell, defended by a Clinton County public defender, pleaded guilty to promoting prison contraband and criminal facilitation. She was sentenced to two-and-a-third to seven years in prison, fined $6,375, and ordered to pay $79,841 in restitution. Mitchell was granted parole and released from prison in February 2020.
The Inspector General's report was released in June 2016 and found "that longstanding, systemic failures in management and oversight by DOCCS enabled two convicted murderers to meticulously orchestrate their escape from a maximum security facility almost in plain sight." The report noted the failures of 20 individual correctional employees, both civilian and uniformed. Other than Palmer and Mitchell, no criminal charges were brought against any prison employee. One was demoted, two were suspended pending arbitration, nine returned to work after lesser penalties were applied, and the remainder retired or resigned before being punished. The report was highly critical of a lack of cooperation, and misleading and lying testimony by prison employees.
In popular culture
탈출은 2017 년 TV 영화 뉴욕 탈옥 : 조이스 미첼의 유혹의 주제였습니다 . Penelope Ann Miller 는 Joyce Mitchell 역을 맡았고 Matt는 Myk Watford가, Joe Anderson 은 Sweat 역을 맡았습니다 . Stephen Tolkin 이 감독하고 작성했으며 Lifetime Network 에서 방영되었습니다 .  
2018 년, 탈출 이야기는 Brett Johnson 과 Michael Tolkin이 제작 및 작성 하고 Ben Stiller 가 감독 하고 Benicio del Toro 가 Matt로, Paul Dano 가 Sweat 로 주연 한 Showtime , Escape at Dannemora 의 7 부작 TV 미니 시리즈로 각색되었습니다. 와 패트리샤 아퀘트 미첼있다.  미첼은 "거짓말"를 포함하기위한 몇 가지 감옥 섹스 장면이 포함 된 미니 시리즈를 비판하고,이 수감자와 성관계를 가진 부인했다. 
- The New York Times (7 June 2015). "With Power Tools and a Ruse, 2 Killers Flee New York Prison".
- Margolin, Josh; Katersky, Aaron; Shapiro, Emily. "Escaped New York Inmate Richard Matt Shot and Killed by Police, Officials Say". ABC News. Retrieved 26 June 2015.
- Deborah Feyerick; Alexandra Field; Dana Ford (2015-06-28). "David Sweat shot and captured alive after New York manhunt". CNN. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- "NY Prison Escape: Manhunt Cost the State $1 Million a Day, Records Show". ABC News.
- Berlinger, Joshua (June 30, 2015). "New York prison break timeline". CNN. Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- The New York Times (June 7, 2015). "With Power Tools and a Ruse, 2 Killers Flee New York Prison".
- Genis, Daniel. "New York State's Scariest Prison". Vice.com. Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Philly (15 June 2015). "Prosecutor: Escapees were patient with tools".
- Shapiro, Emily; Keneally, Meghan (8 June 2015). "NY Prison Break and How It Compares to 'Shawshank Redemption". ABC News.
- Ahmed, Saeed (June 8, 2015). "Source: Employee questioned in New York prison escape". Turner. CNN. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Governor Cuomo tours correctional facility after prison break" (Pictorial). New York Daily news.
- Chicago Tribune (11 June 2015). "Investigators believe prison employee was in on N.Y. escape plot".
- NBC (11 June 2015). "Prison Worker Joyce Mitchell Being Questioned in Connection With Brazen Escape".
- "Guard Gene Palmer charged with helping killers escape N.Y. prison". CBS News. June 25, 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- "New York Prison Escapee Traded Art for Favors From a Guard". The New York Times. June 25, 2015. Retrieved June 27, 2015.
- Lind, Dara (August 12, 2015). "Guards allegedly responded to the New York prison escape by beating other inmates". Vox. Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- Botelho, Greg; Prokupecz, Shimon; Yan, Holly. "Authorities search farms, fields for signs of New York escaped killers". CNN. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Manhunt for Two Escaped Killers Expands to Vermont". wsj.com. 11 June 2015.
- "Authorities Hunting for 2 Escapees Focus on 5-Square-Mile Area Near Prison". The New York Times.
- Joseph De Avila; Jason Bellini (11 June 2015). "Earlier Investigation Focused on Alleged Relationship Between Female Prison Worker and Escaped Killer". WSJ.
- "Swampy area in upstate New York town focus of hunt for escaped killers". Fox News.
- Greg Botelho; Steve Almasy; Randi Kaye (11 June 2015). "Dogs hit escapees' scent at gas station near prison - CNN.com". CNN.
- "Police: Every lead will be exhausted". Press-Republican.
- "NY governor says escaped convicts are likely to kill again". thestar.com. 10 June 2015.
- ABC (12 June 2015). "NY Prison Escape: Gas Station the Latest Focus of Hunt for Convicts".
- CNN (12 June 2015). "Source: New York prison employee in custody, to be arraigned".
- Los Angeles Times (12 June 2015). "Woman suspected of aiding escapees pleads not guilty to charges".
- NBC (13 June 2015). "Police Tell Escaped New York Killers: 'We're Coming for You'".
- Katersky, Aaron; Tan, Avianne; Chiu, David (20 June 2015). "New York Police Search Allegany County for Possible Sighting of 2 Escaped Convicts". ABC News. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- Katersky, Aaron; Margolin, Josh; Shapiro, Emily (22 June 2015). "NY Prison Escape: Prison-Issue Underwear Recovered at Upstate Cabin". ABC News. Retrieved 23 June 2015.
- "After 2 Killers Fled, New York Prisoners Say, Beatings Were Next". The New York Times. 12 August 2015.
- Emily Shapiro (2015-06-30). "David Sweat Claims He Practiced Escape and Was Almost Caught Twice During 3-Week Manhunt". ABC News. Retrieved 2016-02-10.
- "Former escaped convict David Sweat moved to Five Points Correctional Facility in Romulus, authorities say". Associated Press. 5 July 2015. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Faith Karimi; Shimon Prokupecz; Catherine E. Shoichet (June 15, 2015). "New York prison break: 9 days later, convicted killers still out there".
- "Governor Cuomo Directs Inspector General to Initiate Investigation into Escape from Clinton Correctional Facility". 2015-06-15. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Prosecutor: Worker discussed hiring inmates to kill husband". msn.com. Associated Press. 17 June 2015.
- "Cool, rainy weather hinders hunt for loose killers on Day 11". The Big Story.
- Fantz, Ashley (2015-07-29). "Ex-prison worker Joyce Mitchell's confession: Sex, a painting and a plan". CNN. Retrieved 2015-09-20.
- "Escaped killer David Sweat shot and captured near Canadian border". FOX News.
- "Autopsy: NY prison escapee was drunk when killed in forest". Yahoo! News.
- Chuck, Elizabeth (13 November 2015). "David Sweat, New York Prison Escapee, Pleads Guilty to All Charges". NBC News. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Siemaszko, Corky (3 February 2016). "David Sweat, Prison Escape Mastermind, Sentenced for Breakout". NBC News. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Winter, Tom; Connor, Tracy (28 July 2015). "Prison Seamstress Joyce Mitchell Pleads Guilty in Escape". NBC News. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Morganstein, Mark (28 September 2015). "Joyce Mitchell, who aided prison break, going to prison herself". CNN. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Denyer, Lee Anne (7 November 2015). "Joyce Mitchell to pay $80,000 in restitution". WPTZ. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Hogan, Bernadette; Golding, Bruce (2020-02-06). "'Shawskank' Joyce Mitchell, who aided escape from Dannemora prison, released on parole". New York Post. Retrieved 2020-02-22.
- "Prison Guard Involved in Dannemora Escape Gets 6 Months in Jail". New York Times. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Strzepa, Liz (Jul 25, 2016). "Former Corrections Officer Gene Palmer released from jail". mynbc5. Retrieved 11 November 2019.
- Scott, Catherine Leahy. "Investigation of the June 5, 2015 Escape of Inmates David Sweat and Richard Matt from Clinton Correctional Facility" (PDF). State of New York Office of the Inspector General. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 January 2019. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- Winerip, Michael; Schwirtz, Michael (23 June 2016). "20 Corrections Workers Are Faulted in Killers' Escape. 9 Remain on the Job". New York Times. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
- "About New York Prison Break: The Seduction of Joyce Mitchell, Lifetime". Lifetime.
- Hammer, Mike (22 April 2017). "Joyce Mitchell, jail worker duped in 2015 upstate New York prison break, gets Lifetime movie". New York Daily News.
- Sepinwall, Alan (14 November 2018). "'Escape at Dannemora' Review: Del Toro, Dano Pros at Playing Cons". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 15 November 2018.
- "Joyce Mitchell calls Ben Stiller a 'SOB liar' over 'Dannemora' TV show". syracuse. 2018-12-24. Retrieved 2020-02-22.
- "Preview Oxygen's New Special 'Dannemora Prison Break'". Oxygen. Retrieved 11 November 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape.|
- New York State Inspector General report on the escape.